Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance kit clubs are looking for designers to add to our
Commitment is important, so we want to be straightforward with what we are looking for. We
want to see ambitious, outgoing, computer savvy scrappers that share in the same love as we
These DT positions will start with our May, 2012 kits and end with our October 2012 kits.
This Call is open to both US and International submissions, though International DT Members
will be required to share in the cost of shipping kits to them.
Our available positions are as follows:
1. One Designer for our Scraps of Darkness kits (responsibilities as shown below)
2. One Designer for our Scraps of Elegance kits (responsibilities as shown below)
3. One Designer for our Scraps of Elegance kits with alternate requirements - Fewer
layouts and no tutorials, with some behind-the scenes responsibilities
1. You must complete a minimum of 5 layouts/cards/altered items per month and have 4 of them
ready to upload by reveal day, which is the 15th of every month for Scraps of Darkness, or the
1st of every month for Scraps of Elegance. Additional layouts/projects should be uploaded prior
to the release of the next kit. These layouts need to be placed in the SOD/SOE gallery, blogs,
scrapbook.com, and any other public galleries that you participate in.
2. Daily participation on our forum and a daily check in on our Design Team forum, as well as
keeping up in the galleries is a must. DT responsibilities, such as posting a Question of The
Week and our Pandora's Box Tutorial, will be rotated amongst our DT members and we would
also like you to start new threads that encourage posting by our members.
3. You must complete at least 2 tutorials within your 6 month DT term, in addition to your
scheduled Pandora's Box tutorial. These may be either photo or video tutorials.
In return for your commitment, you will receive the entire main kit, as well as two kit add-ons free
of charge each month. You will also have the option of purchasing any additional add-ons
featured throughout the months you are a DT at a 50% discount. Design Team Members also
receive a 30% discount in our store.
Here is how to apply:
Please send all applications and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
1. Name, Address, Phone Number
2. Submit 3 layouts or 2 layouts and an altered item that clearly demonstrates your style.
Scraps of Elegance and Scraps of Darkness pride themselves on having a diverse design
team. We want you to be you! Show us your shabby chic, your elegant, your girly grunge.
Whatever style you lean towards is how we want to get to know you..
3. Tell us why you think you would be a good addition to either the SOD or SOE team.
4. Provide links to blogs and galleries, and any resume you may have.
5. List of all current DT commitments, and please note that our designers may not design for or
in any way advertise other kit clubs. We have no problem with DT members designing for
manufacturers, sketch sites, local stores, etc, but it is counterproductive to have them advertise
All submissions must be received by April 15, 2012 and we will have an official public
announcement by April 20th!!
|Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of
Elegance Design Team Call
|Scraps of Darkness
Scraps of Elegance